Easy Way, towards a simplified Brussels in 2025
Since 2015, the aim of the easy.brussels agency has been to build and disseminate a policy of administrative simplification within the institutions of the Brussels-Capital Region. This approach is all the more important in this particular period. Indeed, the COVID-19 crisis clearly demonstrated the urgency for the Brussels-Capital Region to adopt a dematerialised and simplified administration. To make Brussels a Smart City and significantly improve the lives of the people of Brussels, easy.brussels is launching the Easy Way 2020-2025 plan. Discover below the 6 challenges it entails.
- Improving information and interaction with users
To allow all Brussels residents, whether they are citizens, companies or associations in the non-profit sector, to benefit from integrated services focused on their needs, Easy Way aims to simplify access to and use of all channels of interaction between users and the Administration.
- Implementation of a regional reception strategy.
- Simplification of the most impactful administrative procedures in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- Implementation of a regional web strategy.
- Standardisation and simplification of subsidy application procedures.
- Promoting the re-use and exchange of data
Today, a significant part of the administrative burden on users and the Administration is generated by the repetitive request for the same data. To alleviate this problem and to move towards a simplified administration, the new plan aims at maximum re-use of data.
- Implementation of the Once Only Ordinance.
- Putting online a cadaster of data of public interest.
- Dematerialisation of the purchasing cycle of the Brussels administrations.
- Implementing a Brussels regulatory framework in line with the ambitions of administrative simplification
As administrative burdens are closely linked to a body of legislation, efficient administration requires simplification of regulations and improvements in the way they are drafted. To achieve this, easy.brussels wants to put in place a Brussels regulatory framework, bringing together various practical tasks.
- The Brussels Digital Act.
- Setting up a regulatory agenda.
- Introduction of an ex ante simplification test for any project with an impact on users.
- Providing tools to encourage the introduction of administrative simplification projects
In order to be able to put the principles of administrative simplification into practice, operational arrangements are needed. Various tools in the broadest sense will then be put in place.
- A public innovation laboratory.
- A methodology for the dematerialisation of processes.
- A framework agreement to provide operational assistance to Brussels administrations in their simplification projects.
- A regional strategy for the management and dematerialisation of official communications to citizens and businesses.
- Support and training for target audiences
In order to promote complementarity between inclusion and digitisation of the Administration, the integration and participation of all target audiences is necessary. Thus, easy.brussels intends to respond to this challenge with two missions:
- The development and implementation of a training strategy.
- Participation in the drafting and implementation of the digital appropriation plan.
- Reinforcing the governance framework for administrative simplification in the Brussels-Capital Region
Due to its geopolitical and institutional position, the Brussels Region is a complex entity. In order to allow for administrative simplification, maximum collaboration between all public and private, regional or external partners must be established. For this, a clear governance framework is indispensable and will be achieved through:
- The coordination and implementation of the administrative simplification policy.
- The monitoring of administrative simplification actions.
- The representation of the Brussels Region in the implementation of national and European directives and projects.
Discover all the details of the Easy Way plan in the online version or in pdf format below.