At the end of 2022, the Brussels public administrations received nearly one in three invoices digitally
Thanks to the administrations’ efforts, along with the actions set up by easy.brussels to guide them, the electronic invoicing rate is on the rise in the Brussels Capital Region.
Key figures ?
- The number of electronic invoices received by the regional administrations reached 38.705 in 2022, which is an increase of 66% from the previous year
Source : SPF/FOD BOSA – Mercurius – figures for the main regional administrations and public interest bodies of the Brussels Capital Region
- The electronic invoicing rate (= share of received digital invoices in the total number of invoices received, regardless of the channel used) is on the increase and stood at 28% at the end of 2022.
Source : SPF/FOD BOSA, SAP and Brussels administrations Calculations by easy.brussels – figures for the main regional administrations and public interest bodies of the Brussels Capital Region
Which administrations scored best ?
- Brugel, perspective.brussels and safe.brussels show the best digital invoicing rates for 2022, reaching 57%, 45% and 43% respectively.
- safe.brussels, perspective.brussels and STIB/MIVB saw a remarkable rise in their e-invoicing rate in 2022:
- safe.brussels: nearly 1 invoice out of 2 in 2022, to be compared with 1 out of 25 in 2021
- perspective.brussels: 1 invoice out of 2 in 2002, to be compared with 1 out of 5 in 2021
- STIB/MIVB: nearly 1 invoice out of 3 in 2022, to be compared with 1 out of 5 in 2021
Electronic invoicing in Brussels ?
Mission 7 of the Brussels regional administrative simplification plan 2020-2025 (Easy Way) aims to digitise the purchasing cycle of Brussels administrations, notably by promoting e-invoicing in the Brussels Capital Region.
It is mandatory for the Brussels regional administrations to receive digital invoices for all public contracts they published from November 2020. Following the promulgation of a royal decree in March 2022, this obligation has been extended to the Brussels local administrations on a progressive basis, starting from November 2022 and according to the contract amount.